Monday, March 30, 2009

New (Replacement) Carbon Yeti

Well true to their reputation Yeti took care of my broken frame, no cost to me and I was back in business after exactly 7 days. Now that is service! The shop (Bike Source) in Highlands Ranch was tremendous, thanks Steve & Damon, you ROCK! The other really cool thing is that my replacement frame is now stealth black which is way cool.





Yes this is my kitchen... hey I can cook AND look at the new bike.



Training is going pretty well but I'm concerned how well prepared I am for the first race... April 11 in Gallup, NM. Dawn Till Dusk (12 hour solo). I have to remember that this is the first race of the season and that it is meant to be a 'shake down' for me and the new bike... a measuring stick if you will to see where I am and where I need to be as the season progresses.


I escaped the impending snow storm April 4-5 by driving to Sante Fe, NM... long haul and I had no idea what was in store for me there or even where I was going but I knew that there wouldn't be any snow and that I could either road or mountain bike in the high desert so it was all good. I was concerned that I would miss out on two critical training days if I stayed in Colorado so south bound I25 was calling me!


The local bike shop in Sante Fe hooked me up with the trail gouge and a map and I spent 2 days getting the crap kicked out of me... these are technical and steep trails and I'm not too adept at technical up hill so it was a real work out for me.




So the race season is about to start and I've got an official 'Team'... PowerQuip of course is the main sponsor and PowerQuip couldn't do it without our principals and our customers... thanks to everyone for their well wishes and for your support!


My other sponsor is so critical that without them I'm am certain that I could never even think of competing in these events. I am very happy with is the work that Well Within Chiropractic (Dr. Joel Kinch) www.maximizedlivingdrkinch.com/ has done with me to eliminate my neck and back pain. Without Dr. Joel and his super staff of professionals I couldn't hope to train at this level. They have helped me beyond description and I'll be a patient for life so that I can get the most from this beat up body.



My next post will be after the Dawn Til' Dusk Race on Saturday... 0700 - 1900 (12hrs solo). My friend Chad and I are headed down together on Friday AM.

No comments: