Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More Hill Work

Today's bike session was more work on Jackson Creek Road. I was able to get 3600' of vertical which equates to about 2 and 1/2 laps before I ran out of day light. I was very happy that I felt much better and stronger than 2 days ago. I was able to keep the intensity, speed and heart rate up. The purpose of this workout is to build power so I'm using larger gears and lower pedal cadence... I can feel it in the legs tonight.

I love this time of year because the training gains are always obvious and quick to realize. I'm eating a lot and am happy that I am able to do so with out worrying too much about counting calories. I concentrate on consuming high quality protein, carbohydrates and veggies. I also supplement which is very important for recovery and to allow hard training the next day.

I'm still heavier than I want to be, my scale tells me that I'm running roughly 7% body fat, in another 6 weeks I should (or want to) be down to about 5%... I'll get there, it just takes hard work and focus on not eating junk or consuming more good food than I really need.

No comments: