Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Road Bike Intervals 1 min on 2 min recovery

Well, I got to experience a new level of pain and suffering yesterday. I was introduced to the 1 minute full out sprint followed by a 2 minute recovery and repeat 10 times. This workout is supposed to and should help the body improve its ability to work at very high intensity levels and recover more quickly between. The translation over to the mountain bike would be a tough technical uphill section that requires a lot of effort to get through or a passing situation in a race.

I was quite pleased that I could hang in there on these. 3o minute warm up ride then the 30 minute ride - recover intervals then 30 minute cool down. Today, my legs feel OK but I can definitely tell that I was working hard yesterday.

I ended up with a work out cough and I could taste the blood but I'm happy to say that overall the body is hanging in there and responding to the training load.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know its a good workout when you taste the blood and have a hack.