Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Training Ride

Well after yesterday's cancelled Dawn Til' Dusk Race in Gallup NM and our subsequent drive back home... I was dying to get a ride in... no matter the penalty...

So I headed out on the Cyclocross bike at about noon... I stepped into 38F, Fog, Rain and about a 20mph wind... this was going to be a real training day on the roadbike... because as you know ' If it ain't rainin', then it ain't training '.

A bunch of cars passed me while I was out... I could feel them stare at me as they went by... probably muttering something about me obviously being crazy.

I managed to stay on the bike for over an hour and a half but my hands go so cold that I couldn't feel them and I couldn't work the brakes so I had to cut it short. I really felt good and wanted so badly to continue for several more hours but thought better of it... I don't want to get sick or run down. It was a struggle to get my gloves and gear off in the garage but I felt better after a hot shower and some warm food.

I'll lift and do some ab work this afternoon. I will also stretch... I'm still tight from the long hours in the truck on Friday and Saturday.

I can't really complain about the rain because we need it so badly, it's been really dry here for about 4 months so this is very much welcome.

Monday is supposed to be sunny and 59F and I should get to take advantage of it!

No comments: