Saturday, January 17, 2009

Colorado, Oh! Winter in January


Yesterday I got out on my 575 mountain bike... I was on the road but outside and it's mid January in Colorado. It was about 50F, I wore below the knee bibs, jersey, arm warmers, gloves & a wind vest...that's it. Today, more of the same with the same kit. Everyone takes advantage of the weather when it's like this at this time of year. There were walkers, runners, motorcycles, kids playing & people hanging out in lawn chairs drinking beer! We should have a few more days of this before we are slammed back into the reality of winter but I'm sure going to enjoy it while it's here.


I'm going to have to spend some quality maintenance time with the 575. I need to change all the pivot bearings which is a yearly deal. Also I need to have the shock and fork services as well.


I pulled the Shimano XTR shifters and rear derailer off of the Carbon Yeti and sold them on Ebay. I'll replace those with Sram XO components... lighter and perform better... hey it's my blog and my opinion!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Sean,

I is 9:30 am and -7 outside. Needless to say it is not a bike day like you have today in Colorado. I am envious. However, I will likely skin up the king or go up the pass later. That will be my vindication.

This morning I will try to force myself to get to the gym and crank the pedals for a while. The April 5th Quachita Challenge will come too soon. They always do when its early season.

Have a great ride today and don't forget your poor freezing friends in the deep freeze here in Wyoming.

M