Wednesday, January 7, 2009

On The Road - Typical Trainer Day

This morning started at 0430 in Wheatland Wyoming at the Super 8 Motel. I had worked all day and then driven the 3 hours to be here for an early AM breakfast meeting on Tuesday followed by a series of additional meetings the rest of the day.

These training days are really difficult because I have to load the bike, trainer & gear along with my work stuff into my truck, make the drive, unload, drag it all into the hotel, set everything up and get to bed, only to wake up a few short hours later.

I climb onto the trainer and start my workout at about 0445. Thankfuly, this morning I'm only on the bike for 1 hour and 10 minutes.... just enough time to clean up, pack up and get to my breakfast meeting.

I spend the day with the customer, had my meetings which I think went well and then head home at about 1700... 3 more hours in the truck and reverse the process of unloading etc at home. Sometimes these days make it really challenging to stay motivated.

I feel much better after I've ridden, even though this is a short workout.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sean,

I like the blog a lot. The preamble is great and heartfelt. The video really gets the point across about how mental training can be. Nice work getting up at odarkthirty.

If you are interested in linking some other cool blogs here are some of the ones I check often: http://davebyers.blogspot.com/

http://amandarileycarey.blogspot.com/

http://www.jaypsdirt.com/

I look forward to reading about Special Friend's great adventures.

Talk to you soon.

Mike

Petersbike said...

Sean
Are you going to race the Breck epic?
BTW we should get together sometime and ride.
Walt

Ride Raborn Ride said...

Walt, I am considering the Epic. What about you... Solo on 1 speed or are you looking to partner up? Agree, we need to ride and or ski soon.