Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Windshield time, flights, hotels & not enough sleep


Well, this week has been a tough but good work week and a terrible training week... I flew to Columbus, OH on Sunday night, got to the hotel at ~ 0100 Monday, got up at 0600 to work out on an elliptical trainer that had to have 150,000 miles on it. Oh well at least I got a bit of cardio done. All day in meetings, then all evening on email. Tuesday started with 3 hrs of sleep an hour drive to the airport a 2hr 45min flt to Denver.

I met two guys at the airport and drove 2.5 hrs to Wheatland WY for 4 hrs of meetings. We headed out of town towards Laramie WY @ about 1600 ultimately headed for Steamboat Springs. I like this drive but could do without the wind. I enjoy showing my work colleagues the antelope, mule deer, elk & hawks along the way... they haven't seen these beautiful animals before or this part of the country so it's even more fun for me to show them the sights.

Arriving in SB at 1900, we grab a quick dinner and I'm off to bed by 2130 absolutely beat. I'm up at 0400 Wednesday, not to exercise but to get some very critical emails done before hitting the road at 0630. Meetings in Hayden and Craig, the 4 hour drive to Denver, quick dinner and drop the guys at the airport and then another 1 hour home... no exercise today or yesterday, they were 'rest days'.

No comments: